Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dr. Phil

You can be the benificiaries of my summarization skills, but I still recommend reading the whole book.

All of the following information is from Dr. Phil’s “Ultimate Weight Loss Solution”

Key #1 Right Thinking

  • All thoughts have a corresponding physical reaction – positive increase our energy, negative suppress our energy
  • Replace negative with positive thoughts – “This won’t work. I can’t really achieve my goals.” Replace with “My goal is within my control. I will achieve the goals I will set for myself. I will do what is necessary to succeed. I won’t quit.”
  • Define what you hope to achieve in a measurable way
  • Define how you will do that
  • Create a timeline for achieving your goal
  • Internal dialogue audit - What are you saying to yourself about your weight, body, ability to achieve goals?
  • Challenge faulty thinking – if you think you can’t go a day without your favorite foods is it really true?

No comments: